Sunday, August 10, 2008

Tour of the city: Joana and I

This is the famous NY Macy's. It is an entire city block. It is the biggest shopping store in NY.
Some views of the city from the ESB.

This sign is painted on the side of a building and is preserved because it has the twin towers painted in it. It was painted pre-9/11.
I just thought this was cool. In the middle of the city there was this apartment ans it had this cool little balcony with a garden.
Only in New York!
The Good Morning America Building in Rockefeller Center.
This is Madison Square Garden. Underneath this is Penn Station. This is where I take the train home. I think is totally crazy that there is a train station under an arena.

This is the famous flat iron building.
The Statue of Liberty. We took a boat out to the island. It was unbelievable.

Joana looks good...Me well that's another story. :)



My good friend Joana came to visit me and we took a tour of the city. It was so much fun. We took a double decker bus and sat up on the top and got to see all the sights. Our 1st stop was the Empire State building. I was amazed at all you could see. It is truly a beautiful city.


It took about an hour to wait in all the lines and then make our way to the top. You could actually feel the building swaying when you stand at the top.








4 comments:

A-Boogie said...

I love it! What a great way for everyone to enjoy the city through you. I won't make fun of you anymore for having a blog lol. And...I get to leave the first comment. WOOHOO!! I love you and miss you sooooo much, Alison

anne said...

I love it! You did a great job with all the pictures and such. Now, we just need to get Alison to start a blog of her own. :) See you on Friday!

Karen Wankmuller said...

Hi Laura:

Wow - what a great job!!! I'm a born & bread New Yorker but It's great to see through someone else's eyes (no I haven't been to the statue of Liberty since I'm 6 or 7 - sad!!). I also didn't know that DKNY sign was "preserved"... my old advertising boss created it!!! Keep at it & keep teaching me about my surroundings (I know you got the "teaching skills"). Thanks for sharing & keep blogging!!!

Karen Wankmuller said...

Part 2:

Meant to also say that I'm glad you are having fun & like it here!!!!!!!!! Hope you decide to stay a while :)